Fried pork chops are a classic comfort food that never fails to delight the taste buds. With their crispy coating and juicy interior, they make for a satisfying meal that’s perfect for any occasion. In this blog post, we’ll guide you through a delicious fried pork chops recipe that will have your family and friends asking for seconds.
- 4 bone-in pork chops
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Prepare the Pork Chops:Start by patting the pork chops dry with paper towels. This helps the seasoning and coating adhere better to the meat.
- Create the Coating Mixture:In a shallow dish, combine the flour, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, dried thyme, salt, and pepper. Mix well to create the coating mixture. Adjust the seasoning according to your taste preferences.
- Whisk the Egg Mixture:In another shallow dish, whisk the eggs and milk together to create an egg wash. This will help the flour mixture adhere to the pork chops.
- Dredge the Pork Chops:Dip each pork chop into the flour mixture, ensuring it’s coated on both sides. Shake off any excess flour. Then, dip the pork chop into the egg wash, allowing any excess to drip off.
- Coat with Flour Mixture Again:Return the pork chop to the flour mixture and coat it once more. This double coating enhances the crispiness of the final product.
- Heat the Oil:In a deep skillet or frying pan, heat about 1/2 inch of vegetable oil over medium-high heat. A thermometer is useful to maintain the oil temperature around 350°F (175°C).
- Fry the Pork Chops:Carefully place the coated pork chops in the hot oil. Fry for about 4-5 minutes per side, or until the coating is golden brown and the internal temperature of the pork reaches 145°F (63°C).
- Drain and Rest:Use tongs to remove the fried pork chops from the oil and place them on a wire rack or paper towels to drain any excess oil. Allow them to rest for a few minutes to retain their juiciness.
- Serve and Enjoy:Plate your perfectly fried pork chops alongside your favorite sides. Whether it’s creamy mashed potatoes, green beans, or cornbread, the crispy and flavorful pork chops will steal the show.
Homemade fried pork chops are a testament to the simple pleasures of cooking. With a few basic ingredients and a little time, you can create a dish that’s both satisfying and nostalgic. This recipe offers a balance of savory seasoning, a crispy coating, and tender pork that will leave your taste buds singing with delight. So, roll up your sleeves, prepare your ingredients, and embark on a culinary journey that celebrates the timeless joy of a well-cooked meal.